Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Silence 101

The blondy blondy has gone off on a school camping trip. She should have fun, except when 'the dartsy" will be screaming her lungs out at the kids. This slight teacher is all too incredibly loud... ALL. THE. TIME. The boys in the group will be fine, as they do not have eardrums anyways. The little PIPPY was quite excited to be going. IN an effort to curtail her ability to harm herself in various ways, I gave her a medical bag that consisted of three bandaids. I told her she was only allowed one knick for each day she was there, nothing bigger than what a band aid could handle. Hopefully the ploy will work. I said hopefullly.

In the meantime.... it's 0800ish.... and the house is full of silence. Silence is a weird thing. It generally makes my ears ring. The Hamsterson (now named Gramerica, similar to the character from Seinfeld, Kramer, who invented Kramerica industries so he could get an intern... yes, that is the new name of the boy, with the exception that we default to GRAMMY, yes, GRAMMY on alternating days & hysterical pleas to practice the piano). Yes, so anyways, the good Gramerica boy left channel 2 running on the TV, that way it creates background noise for me to listen to. What a fine Gramerica boy he is. Oh, and the fact that the station plays elevator music, and he is convinced that is the music that I love. Well really, listening to Billy Joel's "I love you just the way you are" in cool smooth music, yes, that is me.... he aha ha ha ah ahh aha. I do have to say though... it is fending off the ear ringing.

ON things that are bad:

I have just called my Wednesday walking partner, and she has declined a walk today (it does continue to rain so I can see her resistance). I am feeling the same urge, so in an effort not to be a complete and TOTAL loser... I will go later this morning.. as I think the rain is going to diminish. So for the moment... I am completely FREE!!!

ON things that are real:

I have had many funny events happen to me over the course of the past couple of months, and I have failed to document them. Just boring everyday things that are completely funny. I will have to bring my writing self back up to barely the bar humour.

I have wondered lately what is the deal with me. I find myself WAY busier than I used to be, and yet the kids are older, a bit wiser, and almost (excitedly/sadly) independent. So I can't figure out how come I have little time to write the stories that will keep me smiling for a life time. Why is that people.... ???? WHY?

On other things completely silly:

I tried booking a trip to West Edmonton Mall. OK, first question of the moment... why Edmonton? why the Mall? The answer: BECAUSE. I am looking for adventure, and I am going to take it where ever I can find it, even if that means going to Edmonton.

So, while trying to book my fake trip to Edmonton I had the stunning realization that travel is excrutiatingly painfully expensive. But I already knew that. (I also was convinced that I was going to Disneyland back in May).... I began to live it, when I was busy waiting on HOLD for the AIRMILES people, and was looking on the computer, and finding different ways to travel. I waited on HOLD for TWo hours, ONE HOUR each day. I did a lot of research in that time.. and came up with the conclusion that even my wayward little excursion to Edmonton was not going to happen, as clearly indicated by the AIRMILES people that we can not book WestJet flights until after April 2009. Hmmm. Not to say that I can not pay for them in real time cash, rather than AIRMILES. ( I guess me ordering my new NIKON lense was probably a sensible idea now).

BREAK:

Oh look... it's raining harder now. That's pleasant.

BACK FROM BREAK:

We have ants again. Not sure what's going on with them, as every couple of days they just appear. They are appearing in armies of four. I think the colony sends out four scouts at a time, and wait for their return, when that doesn't happen, they take a break, and then try again at a later date. I am wondering if our home will just crumble and sag through the centre of it, as they are probably eating their way through the centre beams. I will send pictures when that happens... to you, and the insurance company.

In the weeks to come:

I may not have to water and feed any of my plants. They could quite possibly all be dead. The (what amounted to ) hundreds of dollars that have been spent on making the yard look pretty could all turn out to be a cruel joke. I think the next thing in grat gardening will turn out to be planter umbrellas, to shield the tender roots from WAY too much rain. Hey.. I might have something here... enough with the solar light things... little actual planter umbrellas!

In successes:

We have managed to kind of unload many things (very usable!) from the garage on craigslist. That is quite exciting really. The next thing to go is the ancient toyota. It needs to find a new home, and hopefully to my friends NON delight, it wont be in her driveway. (that's one of her husbands hobbies... buying & selling vehicles).... I am thinking that the husbandman needs to get moving on his building journies, as I have done SOME of my part in cleaning out the garage (to make space for the new family room). He complained about there being couches and excess furniture in the way... well, now there isn't!

OH.. it's 9:00. I am not anywhere, other than where I was 40 minutes ago. The silence is getting to me now.. and so is the bad music on the TV. It's jazzy ultra elevator music. Someone should have their eardrums disconnected for inventing that type of music.

In things that I am intrigingly jealous of:

I have found a blog where a woman can take pictures of black bears in her back yard. AND.. they are not an image that is kind of far away... they are disgustingly beautiful, rich portraits of these magnificent creatures. She is a lucky woman. I might need to meet her. She lives in Montana... and yes, I can't even plan a trip to a Canadian city, let alone an American one! Chances of this could be slim... but you know.. google maps almost had me driving to Edmonton last week... so you never know!

I'll be back...

No comments: