Wednesday, June 25, 2008

From yesterday

It started out like any regular day. I am usually busy... doing things.




I was very happy yesterday morning as we had a little sleep in. I didn't make it out of bed until 0730. That was very nice.




I will never know for the life of me how it is possible that we can still be a couple minutes late, despite the fact that I am up, and get the girl up... but we are.. oh well.... it's the end of school. AND next year... she will be embarking upon the trek down the road along with her friends, and they leave at 0800.. so her chances of being late will be slim to none.




The day started at the regular steam level... I had my walking group, which was a beautiful day for a walk. We finished the walk with coffee and goodies for one of the ladies that will be leaving our group for a while, I say a while, but I do not know how long she will be gone, or if she will return... as she is heading back to Korea. I will miss this adventuresome lady.


I left the walking ladies and returned to collect the girl from school at lunchtime. (this was a pleasant surprise for the missy). I purchased some sandwiches, and all the people in the home were very happy for this festive sandwich occasion. Life is good on full sandwiched stomachs.


We waited for our friends to arrive, and eventually they did.. (not without me doing some laundry and extras, including flossing my teeth!)... and away we went, it was about 1:30 in the afternoon. The day slipped by very quickly, and before we knew it the Fort Langley was closing, people were hungry, and I still had on niggling task that was keeping my mind occupied. I couldn't figure out what it was.. I had to be somewhere... but I couldn't remember where.


It finally dawned on me.... we were supposed to be at my nephews baseball game, as it was the last of the season. It was 6:15 in the afternoon. OOOpppps. So there we were, out in Langley, a 20 minute walk from the ferry terminal, another 10 minute ferry ride, another 10 minutes to the car, and then another 30 minutes to home. My hopes of watching the ball game had gone awry.


In the meantime, the Gramerica son was dealing with severe abdominal cramps & two stops at the washroom, and the missy was all "crdy" (Just like the word cry, but I add a D for effect), and pink cheeked. WE made the trek home in good time, the husbandman was waiting in the driveway with his JEEP to go for a ride over to the baseball park (which was another 15 minutes away). Him and I jump in the JEEP and begin making our way over to the park. Then something happens....


Just like the Sunday the husbandman said.. his JEEP made a funny noise. We managed to make it over the Mary Hill Bypass, and then onto Lougheed, and then revived enough momentum to take him to Kal-Tire. Yae, lucky us. I call the sister... as she is at the park another 3 minutes away, except that it is a 22-25 minute walk. NO answer on her phone. Very not handy. I call the brother in law... he comes to our rescue... but not before another fellow shows up in the parking lot (as he was just driving through)... with the exact same 18 year old jeep. Him and the husbandman confirm that it is the gas line from the tank to the pump that is somehow malfunctioning. The fellow wishes us luck, and drives off. I just wish my sister would answer her cell phone. I call the brother in law back, and he then kindly meets us in the parking lot. The boys form a plan, which does not include driving me anywhere, but rather I stand guard over the JEEP. Now why that plan was hatched I do not know... but that is the way it ended up. So there I am...me, a blue jeep, a parking lot, some garbage cans, and a family of 10 rats. I did have the common sense to back up against the large cement blockade things and warm my back from them. And then I waited... and waited. I felt extra special... as when I looked at my phone, I saw it had one bar left.. so I guessed I couldn't play my bejeweled for fear that I had to make a desperate come and get me phone call.


Finally... the husbandman came up with a plan to place a gas can on the hood of the truck and attach the gas line directly to the fuel pump. He dug into his medical bag and tensored bandage around the tank, and then zap strapped everything together. The only snag in the plan was being pilled over by the fuzz. Guess who the first person we crossed paths with was? Luckily, the fuzz character was busily chewing on his jelly donut to notice our law breaking stunt.


We did make it home safe and sound.




1 comment:

Susan said...

Hillarious. I love that picture. Did he get that idea from the "Rod Green Show"?