Saturday, September 29, 2007

This has to be the way..

Another week in review... this is getting to be too much.. I used to be a faithful once a dayer... and now I am hitting the keyboard only weekly. I would like to thank my faithful TWO maybe THREE blog readers who come and visit my day to day antics... you know.. if somedays I could only fill you in on the half of what really goes on ......

Let me step back a moment in time, all the way till last week....
  1. I think Monday was regular. That was six days ago.. almost a lifetime ago really, so there is not much to report.
  2. Tuesday was walking day in the morning, and then I went out for lunch in the afternoon. The Debbies, myself, and the "very enjoyable to have accompany us" husbandman Mr. Pickaspat. It was the Pip and her friend "Bonkstar" as I like to call her dance time. Well, it is good to plant the Pip in front of a mirror and try to make her dance, at least she can see that she has arms and legs. Let me see... Tuesday night... Tuesday night... Tuesday night.... nothing remarkable to report, plus a bad memory to boot... I am certain that something happened..
  3. Wednesday was highly entertaining. The sister and I did useless tasks... of course I had to wait for the sister at her house, drinking coffee with skim milk for cream, so I am not certain why I even bothered... but I wanted something to drink. While I was idly sitting waiting for her at her house I decided to fix her computer monitor for her... for whatever reason the monitor was all small like and irritating to look at. So I just started pressing buttons to fix it, and when I told her about it, she just thought that's the way the computer worked. GAWD!!!! Oh yes... I wrote about Wednesday already... the fight with the weedwhacker.., and the quirky "Northern Exposure" park meeting that I went to.
  4. Thursday was busy. The sister and I met at the walking group and we met a woman that had just arrived here from Korea 5 days ago, and wanted to immerse herself in Canadian life. It was truly fascinating her story of her life, and the fact that she is only here for a year, and wishes to partake in all things Canadian. She joined an English conversation group and was very disappointed to find out that all the people were Korean. Go figure. This lady would be able to run a conversation group with the amount of English that she knows. I certainly know if I had gone to Korea for a year, I wouldn't be walking with a bunch of strangers through a trail five days later, most impressive! The rest of the afternoon was spent vacuuming and cleaning out the boys room. He had changed it all around, and since he has quite the fear of spiders he had bits of crap littered all over his room. I never got a chance to say goodbye to my very sweet and lovely scrapbooking friend mailman Debbie. She decided to leave the lower mainland and head for the hills and valleys to someplace called Williams Lake. I still can't figure out what the draw is... but if that is where acreage will buy her happiness... then I wish her lots of luck. I am very much going to miss my Debbie friend. Our little street will not be the same without her. I didn't wave a good bye, so that is disappointing. I will very much miss the scrapbooking adventures that we have had over the past number of years, sometimes we even scrapbooked when we got together. I had to go and buy the boy a new piano book, which he picked out. Hopefully he will remember to bring this book to his piano lesson, unlike the day previous that he forgot to bring his music with him. I returned a call to the boys teacher about his missing title page and a sewing project. I politely explained that he is quite shy at asking for help, and incredibly slow at everything he does in life... so have patience with him, and maybe ask him if he needs help. I also plain as day pointed out that she was calling me about a missing title page that was due on the 10th of September, and honestly why was she calling me this late about the missing assignment... she called on Sept 26th to tell me all this. Interestingly I didn't hear back from the sewing lady. Yes teacher friends.. I am hell mother... who cares... I will happily speak my mind over an answering machine... trust me.. I tried emailing.. but it didn't go through. Survivor was good... CSI Las Vegas was crap... the writers, directors and producers should be embarressed!!!!! The book isn't going over to well... hence the extra hour of TV watching!
  5. Friday. Wow. The Husbandman got his hair cut. We managed to spend a lot of money yesterday. Well, not really that good.... we were going to buy a new kitchen table and chairs, but didn't have enough time to complete the paperwork, so I will have to do it on Sunday on my way home from work. We did go and buy a GE Profile stove... It's fun being RICH! (yes, that would be a dream that we have mistakenly had!). We tried picking out tile for a back splash.... OK.. more money than ever.... AND... I am hugely inconvenienced by the husbandmans choice of where to put the kitchen plugs, and the fact that they need tile to be around them. AND.. the most important moment of the day... The lovely hamsterson came home with a GREAT find. I was very proud of him. You see.. I seem to have a love of other peoples things that they wish to give away... it just so much fun taking other peoples junk! Anyways.. the boy spots this hideous piece of furniture while he was walking home with his friends and immediately yells "DIBS!!!!!!", and thus... carried home this 1969 style coffee table. It goes fabulously in his already totally cluttered bedroom. It is very similar in style to Kramers "Merv Griffin" set... I told the sister this last evening and the girl peed her pants laughing. The boy now has a space in his room for "the old" kitchen" chairs, and now this new table. I was very proud of his great find that I immediately took a picture of him... I would like to post the picture but I deleted his camera from the computer.. and now I have to hunt for the disk to reinstall it.... hmmmmm. Anyways... the husbandman was oddly not impressed by the excitement that made it's way through our front doors yesterday... OH well... sad for him!
  6. I am going to go and watch the rest of the movie that I started watching last night....hopefully I will be successful... meanwhile... the husbandman had been diligently working away laying down our kitchen floor. You go husbandman.
  7. OH, and thanks to Mr. Whalley for stopping by for a visit to bear country. Yes, I am sad that they have abruptly departed... although they can still be spotted deep in the fields of tall grass munching on "things". I am truly fascinated that they have departed.. because I wonder where they have all gone, and really, upon doing some reading.. these black bears do communicate to one another despite living solitary lives, so they know where the greatest food source is at the moment, and we the silly humans have no idea where to find them!

1 comment:

Susan said...

Hi Deanna,
I am also less bloggy these days. Lots of excuses but wont get into that.
We drove by your house but your car wasnt there, so we went off on the bear hunt without your expertise! We did not see teddys but there was something big in the trees snapping branches.
Dad just took Cousin Lee back to the airport. She saw bears on their tour around BC. She had a grat month here. Now back to Scotland.