Wednesday, September 05, 2007

The most important day of the year.

It's happened today.

Parents embrace the bell that calls out to all those crazed little summer vacationers and rounds them back into the welcoming arms of school.

Although our little school didn't have welcoming arms, the Principal could barely be heard with his microphone, so who knows what he said. I feel sad for all the new parents that showed up to bring their child to the "new" school, (as their old school was closed down), and they were welcomed into a gym that was crammed with equipment that never got put away, and bleachers that acted as barricades. The year should be interesting. Perhaps I should get involved with our little school once again. NO, bad idea.

Anyways.. moving on....

We went to go and see Hair.spray on Monday. What an excellent movie.. if you like that sort of thing. It warmed the Pip and mines little heart. I don't want the soundtrack... even thought the music was very good... it just went on and on and on....

I got my new dryer yesterday... off I went with my Mazda 5 and picked it up. The friends and neighbours were skeptical. I peeshawed their crazy thoughts. Now I only wished that my new dryer worked. It doesn't. I might as well have my old dryer still in the beautiful and lovely laundry room, as it does the same thing... the drum turns, but does not generate heat. Now how psychotic do my readers think I am at this point? I have many miles of laundry to dry, and no dryer to do it.

Well... must depart.. the very huggable and tallish (as he told me this yesterday upon his return to school) Hamsterson needs a lunch for his first day of Grade 7. I asked him who was doing all the hugging... he claimed it was all girls, all the time. Say no more...

1 comment:

Chastity said...

I also loved Hairspray but more for the story than the music, though that was pretty good too. Zack Effron is a cutie...a little young, but still very good to look at.