Thursday, September 06, 2007

Another day... another story, of minute porportion.

  1. I got my haircut yesterday. A whole whack of hair sat on the ground after she was done. The sister noticed the shorter less bedraggled look.
  2. The girl agreed to go into a dance class. I have found one. Hopefully she will enjoy 45 minutes of hip hopping around. This is a true experiment really, as she isn't very good on her god given stilts for legs. Maybe she will learn how to use them.
  3. The walking group has moved up to 5 people. Nothing short of incredible here.
  4. I managed to get three loads of laundry on the line and dried today. It's far too incredible people.
  5. I inherited a new child's school desk this afternoon. It is lovely, and will fit in my garden perfectly. I will hide it from the husbandman who seems to think he has some sort of grandious rulings about what enters the ever improving homestead.
  6. I washed and vacuumed out the wonderful Mazda 5. The indigo blue takes some scrubbing to get it free from dirt, and an extra couple of wipes to ensure that all the dirty spots have been cleaned.
  7. I had decided to get the husbandman some hockey tickets for his birthday tomorrow. I blatently lied and told him I was talking to one of my M.S.N friends and asked him some questions about his favourite team. He said he would never go to a hockey game and pay 80$ to see it. Hmmmmm... I am having a hard time wondering what I am putting in a birthday card for him..... especially since there were supposed to be hockey tickets....my luck!
  8. The boy is pretty much refusing to go to school. He claims his teacher already hates him. He is fowl, fowl, and fowl. His other teacher from last year, yes, the one that hated him from last year will be teaching him again. I met the woman and thought she was pretty pasty faced, and even wrenched a smile when she met me in person. This is going to be a long year... what does a parent do....? I feel like emailing these two people and just saying " Oh for FUCK SAKE... give the boy some guidelines & expectations, and he will abide you; to call on him and belittle him in front of his class will only serve to upset him and continue the behaviour. I don't think I can write that.....at least I don't think I can...
  9. It's 11:00 PM, the husbandman is busily mudding the drywall and singing along to the tunes on the radio. He is scaring me.
  10. The girl and I grossed the boy out at dinner tonight by putting spaghetti sauce on our spaghetti. Yes, he was grossed out... he who puts ketchup & parmesan cheese on his.

4 comments:

Chastity said...

Maybe HE would never pay $80 to see a hockey game, but maybe he'd just love to see one that YOU paid $80 for. Yes, I know his money is your money, but it's kind of like how a wife would never buy herself flowers, but she's OK with it when her husband buys them for her :). Just a thought.

Deanna said...

It's his Happy Birthday today and I ask him howcome I can't buy him hockey tickets. He claims that he would never spend the $80.00 because he would like the tickets that are double that in price. He wants to watch hockey from the centre of the rink, about 10 rows back, just like when he was young and him and his dad would get FREE tickets to go. He says he is spoiled in that regard and does not wish to see a hockey game from the almost the rooftop of the place. He would rather just watch hockey if that is the case from the big blue chair, or go to the local pub and watch it there. It is a good thing that I had a box of chocolates for him.. because I know that is what he really likes, plus of course... he is the one that wanted the granite countertops, and he once said that would be his birthday present... so I'm off the hook kind of sort of.

Susan said...

HAPPY bIRTHDAY TO THE BIG GUY.
Enjoyed this post. You paint a wonderful picture of family life. Oh Poor little Hamsterson, high school is rough, but its not all roses and sunshine in this world. WOuldnt you just love to tell the teachers how to do their job!

Wind Blossom said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to the husbandman!!!

And yes....you can write that!