Monday, September 03, 2007

Last week...

Here we are at Labour Day, the last day of summer (as the children in Canada know it!), and I am left wondering where exactly did the summer go?

I know last week flew by:

  1. Monday... dryer shopping, and something else that I can not remember, because I can not remember. I do know that the husbandman took the night off because I actually had a friend come over. I commented on his lazy sloth-like-self, and hoped this kind of behaviour would not continue. I had to clean and dust prior to the friends arrival, as the home is full of dust, more dust than one would like to witness. I wrote a long email to the Conservation Service about the blown away bear. Also.. what goes with a full day of dryer shopping, but lost of laundry out on the line.
  2. We made it to the PNE, now that was a good day! I even did the walking group before going. (We are are up to three people now in the group... things are progressing). The children and I didn't make it home until 11:30 that night. Prior to any of this I felt obligated to doing something with wet laundry again.
  3. What's a perfect day made of if you don't have to visit the dentist first? First that, then off with the sister, myself and the four spawn to Boundary Bay for the day. This is Vancouvers best kept secret... a semi-nice beach.. and NOT CROWDED. We returned home at a nice and early 8:15. Oh, and of course more laundry line procedures.
  4. Walking group day... and the number has progressed to four people. Incredible I say.. absolutely incredible. I can't wait until I need two hands to count the number of people that are going to spilling into streets walking with us! After we were finished with walking I quickly made it home and unpacked the soft cooler, and repacked the cooler with more food. We drove up to Whistler for the day. Not that we were going to do anything up there.. we just wanted to see the progress for the 20.10 Olympics. Good luck people.. that's all I say. I will add that secret "laundry" word again.
  5. Friday was a low key day.. at least it started low key. I had to go buy light fixtures. then somehow I met up with my mom, and we did mother and daugther things. Soon my cell phone was ringing and I was flying around collecting one girl and taking her to the pool in the lovely and warm pouring rain. (There is nothing sweeter than swimming in the pouring rain in the summer... a most delectable memory of mine!). I had to rush off and buy a bath mat.. since ours kind of disintigrated, and a shower liner that has snapped somehow. Then collected the girl took her to Cost.co and Home.Depot to collect more household renoing things. Once I was home I began cutting the lawn, and fixing all the grass that I had killed.. but it was only by accident, and it was only grass... it's not like it was a black bear or anything... and then I fixed my wysteria bush that had died this spring.. (once again, I didn't kill it, and lucky for me it sprang back to life!). By this point the underwire in my bra was poking me in the armpit.. I just kept trying to reposition it. As luck would have it.. the other underwire snapped and was poking me in all locations on the right side. I just wanted to get things done, so I didn't stop working. OMG did it hurt... but when you are a woman on a mission, you just can't let underwires stop you! Since the weather man promised rain I wanted to add more grass seed to my front lawn seeding project, but first I had to pick rocks, and pull a huge weed that had infiltrated my grass growing expedition. I watered things stat, and then it was off to see the bears. Well, with the except that now my room was filled with a hugely full basket of laundry... all folded and I guess more or less dry... and I was left wondering.. did I actually do this all week?
  6. Saturday was filled with worky things. This adds to paying for the kitchen.
  7. Sunday was filled with worky things. This also adds to paying for the kitchen.
  8. Which brings us back to Monday.. and today of days I did not find myself opening my eyelids until 0900. I lie actually.. because they were open I just pretended they weren't.. I just didn't get up until 0900. Today is the last day that I will be able to have a little sleep in until the chicklets next Pro-D day... as now I am the seven day a week up early all the time kind of lady from now until next June. (with the exception of the sheduled holidays!). This will all change if I find myself a newish kind of job, but I am not in great belief that this is actually going to happen.

Must go.. more Mondayish Labourday last minute things to run off and do.... the chikclets are waiting in all their cuteness!!

No comments: