Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Look out.. it's Wednesday

I am enjoying waking up in the mornings. I have various reasons, mainly of which I believe I am better off awake than I am asleep.

I think I know where all my headaches are coming from: I clench my teeth so hard that the pain in my face wakes me up.

In other reasons... I was busy having a dream, and I was at work, outside of one of the patients doorways, when I heard this woman call out "I think I am falling".. so I peeked my head into the doorway, and sure enough her hands were clenched on for dear life to the short end of a bedside table. The dream had two endings, one of which I slid a chair behind her knees and said fall, and the other ending was I had no chair, but walked up next to her and let her slide to the floor, by this point she looked to be unresponsive. "Shit" I said, and left to find someone that would be more willing to help her now than me.

In things gone awry:

I got a new AIRMILES mastercard in the mail yesterday. I didn't ask for one, and my current one had not expired. It was stuck to a very official note claiming that somehow my card had been compromised, but it was clearly not Mastercards fault. It didn't say anything about extensions in limits or lower interest rates, things that I really care about.

The Pip wanted to start knitting last night. Well we started, of course the yarn that we had needed to be rolled into a ball, which we promptly screwed up immediately. That took quite a while to disentangle, the whole while the Pip just talked and talked and talked and talked. I believe it was enjoyable, and I wasn't sure if that was the reason that my headache had come to light once again, or the ball of wool was just pissing me off that much. We started our casting on. The Pip sat right next to me, watching intently, and checking the book for any errors in my ways of casting on. After casting on for about 10 stitches, and only coming up with 4, I announced that her first knitting lesson was over. I told her that perhaps tomorrow when mommy gets her thinking brain back we should have more success, and move onto actually making it up to 10 stitches to work with. She was overjoyed with her first knitting lesson. I had some Tylenol.

There will be more stories... I just know it!

1 comment:

Ozfemme said...

Good on you for teaching the knitting. I haven't got the patience!! Any chance you could use flier miles thingy to pop over and teach Pencils for me?

Also - that teeth clenching thing. You know it's bad when the person next to you on the bus looks at you wondering what that grinding sound is....