Tuesday, October 03, 2006

MIA!

I have a friend that has temporarily left the planet. I haven't heard from her in weeks... she has disappeared to somewhere.. but I am not sure where. I am hoping that she comes back soon, as just a few moments ago I responded to the boy's Math/French/Science teacher.

I probably should have not told this teacher how to teach my son. I do not believe that the teacher is going to take that too kindly. But the email struck a bit of a chord with me; as in, she was whining about my boy not stepping up to the plate. So I told her how to get through to the boy... as in: that it is her job to get through to my boy, while he is at school. I gave her some pointers on how to do just that.

I also asked her to send me a detailed list of all the math/science work he has missed, because as I mentioned about the boy being very black and white, so is his mother. I didn't understand when she wrote to me about him missing "some" assignments. What does "some" mean?

Well, my MIA friend is currently unavailable to offer up some Grade 6 advice, so that's what happens. I emailed the teacher back with seven simple steps to the Hamsterson. I did however save myself by not writing "quit whining" about what he isn't doing.

1 comment:

Carolanne said...

She "emailed" you about your son's education??? Whatever happened to talking with the parents - at least if not in person, on the phone? Like you said, you now have questions that you also need answered.
You're right, it is the teacher's job to educate your child although, it would be good if the parents and teachers worked together to make sure it was going in the right direction.
Just recently, I had a friend find out that her child had been going "badly" for the last 6 months but the teacher hadn't bothered to contact her. That made me so mad. Parents need to know what's going on with their children way before that esp if that's an ongoing issue... and before it becomes too big to manage.
Oops. Guess I jumped on my soap box again. Hope you don't mind.
(If you do, just delete me. LOL)