Tuesday, October 24, 2006

How's that speech working for you?

As I make my way around this world I meet all kinds of interesting and diverse characters. I am ultimately intrigued by the decisions that people make for themselves, and ultimately the end result of their decision making. I am currently undertaking the great wonders as to howcome people insist on peircing their tongues. Why is that?

I mean, I know as a mother I worked hard at assisting both of my chicklets to speak in regular boring english. (Although for a great many years I never corrected the boy when he used the word "video". He always called it a "bideo", and that was just too damn cute to correct. Of course there is the term that the girl used for a number of years instead of the word "breast", somehow she had come up with the word "elbows", with precision enunciation, and I just couldn't correct her. I figured she would eventually learn, and she has).

Many years of speech therapy poured out for kids, and they end up with their tongue pierced. Nice.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's just...."ick".