Monday, February 14, 2005

Where has all the love gone?

So the girl is able to go to school with her little Valentine cards, all hand printed, and neatly tucked in envelopes and stickered up with barbies and flowers and all things pink...the boy.. on the otherhand is a different story. There is no love for him. NONE. I looked for love that was supposed to be around the stores... a number of weeks ago in fact, not just yesterday when the stores would be empty. There will be no love allowed for the big 10 year old boy. Even if you try and find it....it will remain unfound. Along comes the day for a Festival of Love... and all the stores are fresh out of anything that looked like it may have only "liked" someone. I had to think fast.... the Valentine's Party was this afternoon... and that's when it came to me....I will buy (not make!!!) heart cookies, and chuck them in ziploc sandwhich bags... and then the boy will be able to spread his fair share of the love that is offered on this day. WHEW !.... and in the nick of time. (Of course there's the BIG thank-you to the pair of helping hands that I borrowed for the cookie stuffing event...thiswas my coffeed up helper)... if I were to ever run a business with employees... I would be certain to keep the java flowing...

So, some fast thinking by the mother, and some fast help from the friend... and there was much love in this world to be had... Happy Valentine's Day to those that like this lovefest filled kind of day...I on the otherhand will be giving my husband a thank-you card... he deserves one, well he deserves that and more... but that's what he is getting.. oh, and thanks to my friend (hyped-up coffee helper)... she even reminded me that perhaps cooking a nice dinner for your husband on the love-filled day would be a good and kind wifely thing to do....)... I'm doomed.

2 comments:

gemmak said...

Roflmaoooo@ 'I'm doomed'! :o)

Chastity said...

No non-sappy V Day cards for boys huh? Luckily we don't have to deal w/ it much in sixth grade. I did get a Captain America card that wasn't too bad. Good idea w/ the cookies.