Friday, February 11, 2005

Flashback....

So a story came to me, which I am not certain if I should put this in a vault, throw away the combination and just forget about it.. or just spill the beans. I choose the latter... it's a rather significant pitfall to my character, and should probably stop typing right now. NOW. Right now.

It was late into the evening last week, I'd say Tuesday night. We had been playing a number of tunes on the CD to help ease my Dad (Russ) into another world, if that's what it was going to take. I think my short-sighted attempt extended his life on earth... Without really realizing... or looking too carefully at the cover for the CD, I inserted Johnny Cash into the computer. The next thing I heard come across the speakers was this:

"Love is a burning thing -
And it makes a fiery ring -
Bound by wild desires -
I fell into a Ring Of Fire -
I fell into a burning Ring of Fire-
I went down, down down and the flames went higher.
And it burns, burns, burns -
The Ring of Fire, The Ring of Fire."

Then came the trouble of... what do you say to a person that can not communicate with you... he always really loved Johnny Cash... but considering where he was going with his now minute by minute life... I kind of felt bad... "Sorry Russ, didn't mean to freak you or anything... this isn't a welcoming song, or anything along those lines"...here.... for your listening pleasure try some Willie Nelson... he sings of nicer places...

I returned to the diningroom for more simpler and mundane tasks centred around the table and a puzzle that lay upon it. I did however give a detailed sketch of the proceedings that happened with the music... my very Catholic sis-in-law looked at me with shock and horror... my sister and mother on the other hand burst into laughter, which drew more shock and horror from the sis-in-law... I wouldn't be surprised if she doesn't have shares in a candle factory... I know that the sis-in-law was going to light lots for the three of us that night...

No comments: