Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Seven.

Seven bears... minus pictures.

So the last number of nights it has been a land of baron sights in the black bear department.

TWO nights ago there was absolutely nothing. It's hard to figure out... as the blueberries are ripe as ever... so where were the bears. It's strange.

Tonight started off with a bang... and could have been a bigger bang...which I am glad it wasn't.

I was driving down my favourite viewing spot for the bears... now I have seen trucks and cars FLY their way through this space and I wonder to myself... what would happen if a bear ran out... everybody would be dented badly... as was almost the case tonight. I am doing the driveby in my appropriately unspeedy like way... when a big HUGE black bear comes running out in front of me (he may have been chasing the ultimate blueberry.. meaning my car... and the indigo blue colour and all)... and then similar to Bat.man, he takes a flying leap and throws himself into the bushes. I wouldn't have believed it if it didn't happen right in front of me. Run run run... fly... right into the ditch with all the long grass.. and in a shot he was gone. I sat there stunned and relished the moment with great admiration for these wonderful beasts. I was kinda glad that I was cruising at my breakneck speed of 2 kmh an hour... and was thankful it was me, and not some of the morons that fly down the road. It was quite spectacular!... but then I am easily amused.

Eventually I saw another three bears... all in separate instances... and then... just as it was becoming darker... out popped mama and her two cubs. That was brilliant.

Sadly I do not have pictures to share... but if you could just reach into my memory and dig out a couple, then you could have the visual. OH.. right... the memory is fading, don't bother... you will have to stick the words on this page as the ultimate in truth.

I am not sure if I can top seven tonight...

No comments: