Wednesday, July 16, 2008

How does this happen?

I started feeling very tired on Saturday, which progressed to Sunday, and beyond. But that is par for the course on the weekends, because I am always up late on Fridays & Saturdays, and those are the only two days I work.

I thought something was amiss when Monday rolled around and the kids were off to summer camp. I had my invisible list of great things to do, and yet.. I didn't seem to have any energy to do them. I decided to watch the news at noon, and think about the jobs that I had to do. Eventually I managed to do many things that day... but by 4:30 in the afternoon the couch in the den called to me, and that was it. Tylenol was starting to be my best friend.

Tuesday was just about the worst. Of course I started off by going to my walking group. This was a painful process. Then I watered the flowers outback. And after that I had to make my way out to Pitt Meadows to get my car all oiled up. This was a pleasant experience. I sat in my lawn chair, read my really bad book, chewed on mints & drank crystal light. I was thrilled when they were finally home... as I was only praying to find my place back on the couch. Which I did, for 45 minutes, before I had to go back and get the children. Today Tylenol was my extreme best friend, and I was once again praying for the 4 hours to pass, so I could take another couple of easy swallows, and feel good for another two hours.

Today, I was thinking! I didn't bother taking the kids to camp, nor did I bother to even get up before they went to camp. I even took Tylenol before even thinking about getting out of bed. The only thing I did right was call the Dr's office for an appointment, if I could get one. Luck have it.. I did. So me and my severally aching self are kind of on the mend, after all I have had ONE antibiotic.... I am waiting to take another magic pill for 10:00... so I can start feeling better.

All this because the little Pipster coughed in my face while I was putting her to bed. That Pip... the gifts she gives, a lovely summertime pneumonia....it makes you feel so alive...NOT!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG, Julie!! You have to stop doing so much, and get some rest!!! Let the captain take care of things!!
Debbie 1

gemmak said...

How generous of her! ;o/

Er..Julie?? Am I missing something here or just being dense?!

Anonymous said...

June 23- Julie from "Love Boat"!
Debbie 1