Friday, July 25, 2008

Rolling through the 2nd week

Friday... right.

Here's a secret... I have been home all week, but haven't written here once.

There was a point in time that kind of almost maybe everything was written here, and now.. I just let the keyboard sit in silence, similar to myself. Although I am not that silent.

Here's a fact;

I do not like the family to be separated.

The husbandman and the Hamsterson took off on Tuesday for some guy camping. I wasn't really sure where these two boys were heading off to. I believed that they were going in the direction of Pemberton (prior to the music festival that was thought to bring in an estimated 40,000 people, but they were not two of that number). The husbandman talked of Hurley passes, and Duthie Lake & Harrison Lake Roads, and Lizzie Lake (which was shut down 4 years ago because the road in was impassable), but I wasn't quite sure where abouts these two granola guys were off too. All I could think of was their cooler as a Grizzlie bear attractant & this road that was next to a steep cliff that ended in a lake. I don't even know the name of the lake, and while it is beautiful country up there, I didn't like my two favourite boys out and about to who knows where. It was a good thing that I worried lots, because they went as far as Birkenhead Lake .
They are back, safe and sound, and with pictures even. The husbandman abandoned his great explorations due to a rattling sound that would have created ill effects to his beloved jeep. It would have had greater ill effects on the mother, who would have been driving the back roads of Whistler & beyond looking for them in the indigo blue Mazda 5.

In other things clean:

The PIPPY and I spent TWO days cleaning out her room. She is now going to have a ONE person yard/garage/tag sale on Saturday. That is scary. AND to think that I have already unloaded her room of a couple of garbage bags full of precious items back in April. She hasn't noticed the removal of these precious items, so we are none the worse for wear. Along with the cleaning her room, it was more a whole WHACK of organizing that went on. A huge amount of her precious items were interspurced with other playsets. So we have reorganized the playsets with the corresponding feature homes, furniture, & appliances to keep things organized. NOW, the killer... all the money she has spent on her webkins which are currently sitting at the bottom of her stuffed animal box.. and she is in love with her beanie baby & groovy girl. I told her to sell her webkins at her garage sale.... but that will not be so.. as a look of horror came across her face.

Further than cleaning:

The PIP and I spent time painting her clay things that she made at her art camp a couple of weeks back. She came with me to my walking group, went tot the craft store, and we sat in Starbucks & drank coffee & hot chocolate. We moved on to sushi, where she ordered from the menu an item that I had no clue what we were getting, but she seemed to know exactly what it was... which made me laugh. we rented movies (27 dres.ses one night & char.lie bartlett the next night), ate twix bars & popcorn, and even drank the remaining rootbeer that the boys left behind. More importantly we spent lots of time bear watching, and we saw six bears on Tuesday & Wednesday night.. a pretty successful bear watching event. We ran errands to return pop bottles to pay for our breakfast at Whitespot, while we contemplated our next move for the day. I even did yard work while she milled about playing with her new found love the beanie babies. We still have her desk to go through, which is heaped with pencil crayons and other writing utensily like items, and of course pretty boxes to put things in. I am completlely grateful that her desk does not have drawers, as that would be very scary to try and go through that. On that note, she does have a eight drawered colourful bin trolley that is next to her bed, and we have not gone through that... but she claims that is where all of her precious items are, and there isn't anything that possibly should be put in the garbage from there. I told the PIP that I do not believe her and her blond ways. It doesn't matter, there have been huge accomplishments made already.

The lucky part of this story is... anything that doesn't get sold on Satuday will be shipped away on Monday.. those people that pick things up are coming on Monday, so all I have to do it bag it up and leave it on my front porch. Now that is magic.

I will see what adventures happen over the next couple of days... surely I should have an adventure to share. Hopefully I will get some decent photos to splash on this space. I have decided yet again that I do not like my lens that I got from air.miles. I really do not like it. I am not sure if it because perhaps somehow it is not compatible with my Nikon, or what.. but I do not like it. However; I keep using it because it gives me a bit more range when capturing my great black creatures. The lens that I like is a 18 - 135 mm, and the sigma is a 55 - 200 mm lens. But I am not sure what the deal is... the pictures I take somehow come out a slight bit blurry, and when you are shooting the wildlife every second counts. Even though I took pictures of almost still life the other day... (the boys in the jeep).. those pictures didn't come out with a nice sharp tone to them. ( I had it on the STUPID button too, just in case...) Anyways... I am moving on.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Okay....it is only too funny that you wrote..."I don't like the family to separated"....or however you said it....Tony just last night, said the very same thing to me....and all because I'm going to a clients on Saturday. *sigh*....it's nice to be wanted....even if only for the cleaning and cooking part of it.