Sunday, February 21, 2010

so some things were lies...

I lied about the grass.

I cut it... front lawn, and back.

Hauled out the lawnmower, and with shear determination set forth... I cut the freaking lawn.... even though the lawnmower didn't want to start.. and about 100 pulls later... the lawnmower finally started.

Mole trenched and all.... it was off roading at it finest!

It was a beautiful day... winter olympics and all... me and "the till" set out to cut the back lawn... because you know... that's what you do in BC in February...

Little Miss Till Till meandered about.. checking out the sights... doing what she loves the best.


She sat in her favourite hole she has been digging in the summertime, checked out the dogs still next door, and got stuck trying to get back up onto the deck, checked out the dogs in the back corner, and spied the squirrel tunnel, gathered her tennis balls, did her regular refridgerator interval check, sat in her house for a bit, stared at me from the great double doors, layed in her favourite spot next to the house, sniffed her blue lawn chair, checked out her wicker basket that was sitting baking in the cool afternoon sun, walked past a couple of her left over bones, sniffed through the cedar trees, spied a lost soccer ball, she ate some left over christmas stuffing, watched me rake up the endless needles from the ugly trees, I tied her to her favourite rope at the front steps, she got to watch the world go by on the beautiful Friday afternoon, we had a good day getting things done,  and Saturday she was gone.

Bye Till... we will miss your needy dog ways... "everywhere you go... needy dog goes..everywhere you slow, needy dog slows, open the door that you try to close, try to cross the street and needy dog shows"

3 comments:

Susan said...

Deanna, I am sorry, I know how much you will miss her company. Its a bit of a comfort that she was able to enjoy her last day, helping you get the yard work done.
Rest in Peace Till.
HUGS to you all.

Chaos is my Life said...

Oh D....I'm so very sorry. I'm at a loss...I hope you do find comfort in her last day....

*hugs*

Anonymous said...

Hi Deanna, we are so sorry to hear of your beloved pal going to where all good doggies go. Been there, done that, hated it, they are such good pals and leave such a big hole in our lives. Sounds like her last day was lovely, nice she just went without suffering.

two other pet lovers, Pat and Dave