Monday, April 13, 2009

non busy busy-ness...

It wasn't raining when I woke up this morning. That was nice... today was adventures in picture taking, but not really...

I drove around in circles this morning starting at 06:55. It was sunny, but a very large cloud loomed overhead, but I took my chances.

I was sporting an illegal pony tail... so I couldn't be out in real public, for fear not to scare someone.

I returned home at 0815, and looked about the kitchen, and decided that a cup of coffee was next on my list...

At 0850 my friend called, and like a shot, with a fresh coat of lipstick and two coffee containers later... I was off again. I think I brushed my teeth again, just in case the memory had failed me, and I hadn't brushed my teeth...but I was pretty positive I had.

I dragged along my camera gear, which prooved to be exciting for me. There was a guy chopping some limbs off a tree... that isn't that exciting... except when that tree chopper is standing next to an eagles nest! That was very exciting... we made our way to the new Pitt River bridge, where more little photos were placed on the memory card.

I dropped my friend off back home, and returned to our homestead... just in time to do something with laundry, and then pack up and left again and headed over to Port Moody to Rocky Point... surely there had to be some pictures for me there!

We were just about to return to the homestead where then we decided to head down to Minnekhada Lodge, as they were having their open house, being that it was a stat holiday and such. We talked to Vern and his wife, then made our way home.

It was then that I decided that I needed to get serious about this laundry basket issue.... of course not to be distracted by the laptop... and the world of excitement that I could let unfold, at my fingertips.... eventually I made it to face.book... and madly typed away with a far away acquaintance.... I have decided that my love affair with paper and pens must truly not only be a singular affliction... as I learned today that my friend CHAS loved all sorts of paper scraps & shoebox types of things... now that we have grown up slightly ( me more than her in earth years), we have had to tone down our level of love for the X tree items... except that now I have to hand over all my most beloved items to my ONE girl... where she is going to have her hands filled handing over her papery/shoeboxed items to all three of her girls!

It was while I was busily chatting away that a police helicopter found it's way flying over our rooftops. This city (Vancouver & IT'S outer limits has unfortunately seen it's far too fair share of bad things come it's way...) so when they start making their way into the air, it's a far too close to home ominous sign that something has yet again gone bad. Fortunately, but unfortunately it was the police acting as a search and rescue as a man had left for a walk this morning along the dyke, and he hadn't been found by the early afternoon. I happily put my camera into action for this high drama....

My camera has one more round of photo ops before the night is done... and that is take pictures of the dozen roses that are sitting on the kitchen table. That good husbandman brought home the special flowers to commemorate the day that he should have gone camping with his bestman, rather than to stand at the alter with him.... it was a life changing event....! We collected the children, and drove to our favourite sushi place. And that was that...

1 comment:

Chaos is my Life said...

Happy Anniversary Deanna and Rod!