Wednesday, October 15, 2008

All greened out

Yes, it's degreening time again.

I have degreened my front garden, my flower pots in the back, and even more of my flower pots further back... you know, that little place in the backyard that I only know exists. Now I am left with dirt. This dirt will become troublesome come the spring time as I will have to take my blue twangy thing to unravel the tights knots that sit inside of it. I have done something a bit different today.. and that is that I kept the roots of my plants. Now these are not perennials, but rather they are just hardy... so I will see what happens in the spring time. I foolishly tore out the yellow petunias, and they were quite nice.... a warm milky yellow. A hard colour to find, let alone describe.

So amidst the green lawn there is far less green here, except for the greenwaste container which is full to the brim.

1 comment:

Susan said...

I still have green in my sheltered pots on the deck, but their time is limited!
i DONT MIND SEEING THE BLACK EARTH, GIVES THE EYES A BREAK.
OOps Hit caps lock erroniously.