Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Time is flying.

I just watched the chicklets walk down the road.

Away they went to Middle School Land. It was an interesting sight. The boy walked with a sense of purpose & destination, without a miss in his step. He was on a mission, to get to school; and more importantly to stay 20 steps of his sister who was trailing behind him with her friends. I watched her as she hurridly made it to one friends house, and then gathered her next friend, and then I watched as all three washed through the trail, for their first day adventure.

It's 08:00 in the morning, and I am listening to the dryer tumble and whir. There are no little TV shows chattering away back at me as it used to be. Once upon a time it was the boy with his Arthur in the morning & the girl loved Clifford & Sagwa, and then last year she moved onto shows that screamed alot (family channel). Now she has tuned her interests to Jon & Kate plus 8, and the cartoon shows have been left in the dust. (Her brother has complained bitterly about this over the years... "her and her baby shows"...(just because he read the paper in the morning when he was that age).

So it's me, my recycling, and the laundry. Good times on the crescent!

1 comment:

Susan said...

Remember when we started grade eight at Jr High? We all picked oneanother up along the way, with your hous being last. We all would stand at the top of your yard shouting "DEANNNNNNNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA" I bet your neighbours hated us! Good times!
There is a ring of peace in this house too! I worked the last couple of nightshifts, then came home to do the taxi route. Dropped four boys at school today, only one of them my own! David is going to a BCIT sattelite campus up at Troys High School. Nice and close!