Monday, September 15, 2008

Hot day, summer in the city....

That's a song, I just don't know the rest of the words.... and currently it is cold out, or semi cold at least, or cold from where I am sitting, or standing, since I was just taking pictures of the backyard. All these things are highly unimportant, as I should be focusing on gathering my stuff for the stroke group today! I had great visions of making an orange poppyseed cake, but then I forgot, and now I have decided to bring tic-tacs instead... you know the orange kind! Not sure why this is... it just is!

OH.. I should take some photos of the gladiolas that I set in the laundry room.. now they are looking quite smart against the gentle green backdrop. AND yes, I am just assuming that glads are smart... because you know... even when you pick them, when they haven't come into bloom, they are still smart enough to open up. You can't say that for dahlias.

I sent the PIP to school. She's had four days worth of antibiotics, but her little nose is a bit of a tap. It is OK I think... she has her lip gloss with her, which will down shine the red under her nose, and move it to her lips. Or, at least that's the plan.

OH! and the big thing is... the KING took the plasticky-things off the ends of my ski poles. Now they just look like poles with handles....so tomorrow for sure I am trying them out at the walking group!

Must get ready for the sunny day... and all the treats that happens on sunny days!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

.....Back of my neck getting dirty and gritty
Been down, isn't it a pity
Doesn't seem to be a shadow in the city

All around, people looking half dead
Walking on the sidewalk, hotter than a match head

But at night it's a different world
Go out and find a girl
Come-on come-on and dance all night
Despite the heat it'll be alright

And babe, don't you know it's a pity
That the days can't be like the nights
In the summer, in the city
In the summer, in the city

Cool town, evening in the city
Dressing so fine and looking so pretty
Cool cat, looking for a kitty
Gonna look in every corner of the city
Till I'm wheezing like a bus stop
Running up the stairs, gonna meet you on the rooftop

But at night it's a different world
Go out and find a girl
Come-on come-on and dance all night
Despite the heat it'll be alright

And babe, don't you know it's a pity
That the days can't be like the nights
In the summer, in the city
In the summer, in the city

Hot town, summer in the city
Back of my neck getting dirty and gritty
Been down, isn't it a pity
Doesn't seem to be a shadow in the city

All around, people looking half dead
Walking on the sidewalk, hotter than a match head

But at night it's a different world
Go out and find a girl
Come-on come-on and dance all night
Despite the heat it'll be alright

And babe, don't you know it's a pity
That the days can't be like the nights
In the summer, in the city
In the summer, in the city

I had to....just had to..."I had the music in me"!

Deanna said...

That just spilled from your head.. NO WAY!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I am a woman of many talents Deanna....just don't ask me to sing those words. ;o)