Monday, October 22, 2007

Yes.. this is true..

I sent away a resume today.... for a job that I really do not want, but I am wanting a change.. so I have to do something... I wonder if I am going to hear something.. as this was the cover letter that I sent:

Auxiliary Seniors Centre Assistant 12007 -100340
My resume is as boring as the paper it is presented on, and I never really know what to write on a cover letter, but I thought that I would add some additional comments:
I never thought I would see the day that my two existing jobs actually combined, and would become one… and I would see it listed on your website as an “Assisant”. .

After spending 20 years at RCH for a temporary position, I would consider myself as having a “black belt” in customer service. My other two real jobs revolve around older folks, or just folks in general. I have had a huge amount of experience dealing with lost folks, confused folks, slow folks, funny folks, stressed folks, and even appreciative folks.

My job at the hospital requires me to be “the smarty pants” of the ward in regards to the computer. Over time I have learned that these inanimate objects draw fear in some people, except for me, I have learned the ins & outs of the computers world, (also mainly so I can keep up with my children…).

As far as handling cash, I collect drop-in fees and put them in a little canister with a duck on it, which isn’t challenging. In regards to handling money in real life, I do so, on a daily basis, and by all accounts I am pretty good at handling money. I generally have to try and hang on to it tightly, as it seems to drift away very quickly.

I look forward to hearing from you...

No comments: