Thursday, October 11, 2007

blick bleck

Not that I am counting or anything.. but it is now less than a week before we can get this kitchen back in order.

I have been overly fortunate that I have had the laundryroom temporarily acting as an almost high functioning kitchen. In some cases, it could almost pass for a kitchen, minus the stove... but then there are ways around that.

I went to Safe.way today to collect groceries... and as I was driving towards home I remembered that I told the girl to wait for me out front of her school... that I would bring her her lunch. I am clearly an honestly pathetic mother some days!! But on an upswing.. I did stop at the school and managed to rummage through a couple of bags for something to keep her happy until the end of the day. The real turn of events was when I handed her over a pack of Mento's... she could have cared a less about anything else at that point. See, I still manage to make them happy despite the almost screw up of forgetting her.

Ok.. back to more kitchen talk... I have moved some things into the cupboards. The King does not know this.. and he wishes not to be using the cupboards until the countertops are in, but my rationale is that the "things" that are starting to appear in the cupboards are not items that will affect the planting of the countertops. The King and his rules.... who needs them?

AND.. for things that I wish not to be scared of....

Little Miss Elpster is still managing to hold her own. I do not think that she is in the clear quite yet, but I am not seeing any signs of kidney failure so far. She still continues to drink, and more importantly PEE, and remains quite bright (in her docile way). Everything that I have read says that it takes as long as 72 hours to clear her system. We are at 48 hours now, so the fingers are still crossed.

Moving into the backyard....

I will go and pull up some more pots and things. The dahlia's look like they have had their fun in the sun, and wish only to be put to rest for the winter, so I guess I should chop them back. The impatience are still patiently blooming, so I will let them be. The only problem with that is, if it should turn cold, then that will be it for them, and then I will be cleaning up tuberous slimy creatures from the dirt. That's ick.

Must return to regular life now.

No comments: