Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Welcoming Wednesday

Thanksgiving was a couple of days ago, but I will continue to be thankful long after the named occasion.

A couple of weeks ago the little Miss Elpster took to clawing the husbandmans newly drywalled, primed and painted wall next to the bathroom. He then asked that when we are out, put her in her cage, to keep her safe since she continues to behave like a total moron. I did just that yesterday. I went out, and put her in her cage, where of course when I came home, I found her safe and sound, and the home free from damage. I let her outside, gave her a nice pat, and continued with the business of the day. Little Miss Elpster loves to spend time relaxing and sleeping in the den on the green leather couch. This is the bulk of her daily activities, and it tires her greatly. It's actually quite amusing. That was until yesterday when I had an inkling to check on her, which I never check on her as she is in the den sleeping. Yesterday I found her cleaning up a bag of chocolate covered raisins. Nice, very very nice. This home doesn't really keep chocolate covered anything around these parts, simply due to the fact that none of need it, although it's nice for a treat on occasion.

We watched her all evening, and she seemed not to worse for wear, except for the fact that she seemed to be peeing all over the place, which we didn't realize for a couple of hours actually. I thought she was just being overly exited by lapping up water due to the chocolate consumption, oh and the fact that she vomited all over her dog cage. Upon doing some research last night on the internet I came to the saddened realization that not only is chocolate damaging to a dog based on a per pound consumption, but raisins were equally if not more damaging to a dog. NICE, fucking nice! Today she is still drinking, and has eaten her food, and by all accounts it appears that she is behaving just as she does on any regular day... sleeping on the green leather couch. Of course there is the fear that sits in the back of my mind that she could quite possibly go into renal failure, and I am not sure how many dogs I know that live on dialysis. I don't think that I will ever bring choclate covered raisins into the home again.

So... onto other things that do not make my hair turn that grey....

What's the deal with the comment left on my last post....? Is this spam, or did a real person write this?

No comments: