Tuesday, June 01, 2010

When thinking of ...

My boy and an AWARD - it does not hit the synonymous chord.

When I am thinking of my boy and an AWARD from SCHOOL, now that is simply and wholly completely unlikely...

Apparently I am wrong.

We got an invitation in the mail a week or so ago... cause for error I assumed.... why would they invite parents to an award ceremony where there is no award .. almost like SHE by Sheree where there was the fashion show with no fashions.

That gets me to thinking... might my Mr. JimmyDean be getting an award for the most amount of lines written in the course of ONE year....? Might he get an award for the number of "best excuses ever" as to why Mr. JimmyDean has been late...? Might he get the award for best in underachievement ...? Most chocolate rice milk drank for the year.. ? what about the cookie award... most cookies eaten during class.....? what about the ONLY student to go through a school year that did not master the locker combination... and therefore has the cleanest locker in the school....?

I have my bets... but I will wait to see....

AND... in an effort to clarify why WE would get an invitation to an award event I called the school and asked if every parent got one... the secretary lady informed me that only students who got awards also got an invitation... now my curiosity is peaked!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay for Mr. Jimmy Dean!!

It's "L"...btw...

Hope the pickles and olives went over well?!

Deanna said...

Hey L...

the pickles and olives were perfect!!!

I told your dad to bring the remainder home... but no... he wouldn't... so now the rest is in my fridge... Rod is extra happy about the olives... and I am finishing up the picklets.. uhmmm thanks! (Although all your hoolagins could have had them!)