Friday, September 25, 2009

Savour for the flavour... and the time!

It has been a wonderful and leisurely morning!

Still clear blue skies, with a hint of fog and a touch of guilt.

Who could ask for more!

It's a Pro-D day around these parts.. and that means that NOBODY is going ANYWHERE.... yet.

Well except for the husbandman ... he must go places.... to do manly working things. Not that he wishes to of course... but you know... he wouldn't want to mill about in the homestead and do "little projects".... I am thinking.

In the meantime... it's just me and "the till", and Miss Pipenza roaming about the home. "The Till" is currently upset about the torture she is having to endure. We had to boil her up a fresh pot of rice, as yesterdays pot of rice was NOT to her liking. Today I have added a container of chicken stock, instead of the oxo thingys. Hopefully this will entice her.

She is also staring at me in complete disbelievement. I have shut the door to her beloved rickety green leather couch. (It's in our den that we all use... and ONE day we will get a replacement... but that day isn't any day coming soon.. unless of course I could purchase one with my airmiles..... hmmmm.) I have her pads washing & drying at the moment... so until there is something for her to sit on, she wont be sitting on it.

OH.. and the guilt. The guilt is due to the beautiful morning.. and the fact that I should have rushed down to the bear location and "happened upon" some bear scenery. But I haven't and now the day is rushing by... at a mere 9:18 in the morning... but this is something that I should have done two hours ago.... when I was thinking about it.

Instead I look around my little homestead and make a mental list of all the quicky details of the day need to be done, including this, and including this , and including that, and what about this...

I have to remember that this time last week I was only embarking on a day that ended in a list of 41 things.

I am not willing to one up myself with that nonsense today.

The Pip is still under the weather a bit with whatever ails her.... as far as the antibiotics.. . they loosened up whatever bug she had inside of her, and now is making the long road out. Hopefully by the end of the weekend, and this additional day of rest (rather than the school) she will spring back a bit quicker... although she is way better today than last week at this time.

As far as Gramerica-son. He is crazy. He is ALMOST 15. So he qualifies.. right?
I still like him... he is a good Gramerica-son. I mean... ANY child that cuts the lawn while the TWO parents are at work with a dog that has had diarrhea for the last number of days, and still cleans up MOST of the disaster... I mean.. who could NOT like that son....? Hmmmmm?

Coffee's kicking in.

Liking that.

I can feel the blood coursing through my blood highways again. Whew... close call on that one. I believe I can feel the synapsing start up in the brain... similar to my husbandmans 20 year old jeep starting up.... which he loves almost more than his many boyfriends. Little Miss Till Till is high on the ranking list, not sure if she is in the second spot next to his jeep... I best not tell any of his boyfriends.

OK... CLEARLY my rice has been the saving grace! The Till is happily lapping up her chicken brothed brown rice.

Score one for the lady of the house!

1 comment:

Chaos is my Life said...

Okay...."Grandpa" is on a strict diet as well...are you willing to prepare his meals?!?!?! please!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;O)