Friday, September 18, 2009

Oh it's the end of the day...

I should have known that.

I remarkebly got nothing accomplished today.

Well... with the exception of opening up my steel trap door of a PC cover, and replacing my adaptor. I am thinking that it was breaking... or trying to break, or pretending to work, or just testing my patience. At any rate.. it was simply annoying.. and I was just having a hunch that this was the root of my problem.. (well, and the adaptor telling me that it wasn't getting a signal, was the give away.. but then other times it was running at 36.. or 48... so you know.. , some days I only run at 18... so there).

The girliegirl went to bed with a sore throat. I knew what was next. I immediately had to plan in my head... all the things that I would have to do in the day... , and not do....

  1. call the sister to inform her son that my girl would not be attending school with him (great cause for increased anxiety for the grade six gaffer).
  2. called the school.
  3. called the sister in law and cancelled our walking arrangements
  4. thought about calling my doctors office, but was uncertain of the timing that the sorethroatian would get...
  5. opted for the walk in clinic.
  6. massive waiting room full of sick people.
  7. Instant repulsion to walk in clinic.
  8. put name down, and immediately left to do errands.
  9. remembered other errand type things that I forgot
  10. back from errands, still a number of people in waiting room
  11. people filing out too slowly for my liking.
  12. woman with 3 1/2 year old child feeds him a chocolate chip cookie and juice. Never stops talking . EVVVVVVVAAAAAAARRRRRRRRR.
  13. shoot darts at the little boy with my eyes. she never told him to be quiet once. yes... i am hating children that make noise. really... evil yes.. oh well.
  14. see the doctor for 4.6 minutes, leave with prescription
  15. drive across street, drop of rx, agree to come back in 30 minutes.
  16. drive to computer hospital, purchase adaptor.. clearly I am unadaptable.
  17. back to pharmacy.. thanks.. they didnt process the prescription.. it's ok really people... I only left at 0930 this morning... and it's closing in on 12 45 in the afternoon.
  18. call sister in law, confirm that YES we will not be meeting today.
  19. talk to her on the phone while I clean bathrooms, wash mirrors, clean living room furniture, fold laundry... hang up in time to vacuum, wash dishes, move loose papers, cleaned off counter for the computer project.
  20. water flowers out front, as it is hot today... and despite rain arriving at some point.. today they need water.
  21. talk to the sister quickly.
  22. leave the PIP and her antibiotics and the crazy little "elpster" in the homeland.
  23. drive to the school at 2:30 to be early for the nephew, who I know will have had a trying day being on his own without the PIP for support.
  24. by 3:00 go to find the middle school anxiety ridden child... trying to be low key about giving him independence... find him in the knick of time to have one of his teachers tell me he has a detention... "ahmmm. for what...? She tells me he wasted class time.... ok... so what did he do... well... that's for me and him to discuss... (with the crying child standing next to me...)... Uhm.. listen I say to her... it's Friday... the end of the week, he's been without his classroom support all day, and in between that I ask the nephew how he was... he said he had a 20 percent good day, and 80 percent bad day.. so I say to the teacher... why don't we let you discuss this with the mother on Monday... so then she says this is the way all kids get treated... well... guess what oh mighty educator... all of "your chitchat" with him is really going to get through... and I said that I had someplace that I needed to be... and I couldn't wait. I guess this would all be worthy of something if he was a typical kid... but he isn't... and what adaptations were put into place when he said he didn't want to run, but couldn't tell you why.... what supports were out there for him.. other than her own agenda.
  25. fly out to the car, drive up the hill and collect second child sitting on the steps of the school, since 2:40
  26. drive home to sit and wait at the sisters where I hope that her husband will hurry and get home... because ... I still have things to do at my homestead.
  27. I would have liked to brought them to my homestead.. but with the PIP feeling down and out.. I thought I best not.
  28. Initially left to pick up the first nephew child at 2:30, found the other an hour later, then remained in the sisters homestead until five oclock.
  29. Right.. upon arrival dog is all squirrely and crazy... clearly in need of something to eat.. I have not had a chance to cook her any amazing RICE for her dinner special.. fortunately I had cooked her up some ground beef yesterday.. and I magically mix it in with her kibble... lucky me... the trick worked...
  30. next... i am starving...since I am on some super sonic quick weight loss diet I throw together romain lettuce, tomatoes from the garden.. (anybody want some?), and some ground beef... with maybe a teaspoon of dressing...
  31. OK.. back in business...take apart the computer....
  32. OH WOW.. vacuum it out! Not sure if that is the best idea in the world.. but that is what I do... plus I have that suppressed gas stuff and spray that around.. with the vacuum running...for added fun. Unload about 10 pounds of dust bunnies... which is what I was thinking about with the adaptor... was it being affected by the dust...
  33. Install new adaptor... plug the computer back in .... and .... and... and...
  34. Houston.. we have lift off.
  35. Looked at the evening sky... thought I should be out and doing my evening circles... you know.. I just said NO...
  36. Left the homestead to look for bears... didn't see any bears, but saw my buddy VERN, and ONE of the guys with the golden glasses...
  37. Returned home... finished dishes.. as they do not seem to end...
  38. Talked to the husband man.. yes, this needs to be written down.. as it isn't a regular occurance.
  39. Looked for marshmellow stick....
  40. Returned to the great indoors... looked at the piles of projects that I had anticipated for today... decided to check out how well the adaptor was working... and here I am.... now listening to the rocketship son play his Bohemian Rhapsody (which I will never never never ever get sick of listening tooo)... and now he is learning Canon, and Beth (from Kiss)... I will start again tomorrow... but then again.. I work... so it wont start till later.....
  41. Later people.

1 comment:

Chaos is my Life said...

That was quite a day full....and a mouth full!