Monday, August 20, 2007

Trickling along...

It can not be possible that we have 11 more days of August. It doesn't seem fair to me. I haven't accomplished my "things". I have a secret list in my head of "things" that I wished to have done before September... and it seems that I have not accomplished any!

I can't even seem to accomplished writing a blog on a daily basis, and it isn't for lack of ideas to run on about.

I just found my book for my book group. I kind of misplaced it after we got back from Shushwap. I was beginning to think that I was going to have to replace the bloody thing... but alas, as I was milling about in our 1365 square foot rancher, I stumbled across it. Yae me.

I am kind of wondering if I will ever find a new job. I was feeling hopeful the other day as I applied for a job in North Van. Don't ask me why, I am totally not a city dwelling traffic monger, but I am beginning to ebb towards desperation in leaving my current position. I very much dislike being "old wood" in fresh growth, and this fresh growth is almost too fresh. I am not certain what to do. (there are many other complicated and completely boring details to divulge, which do not belong on my "all humour, all the time except for crazy ranting posts writing space" blog).

It is most disappointing at this moment in time that the girl and I can not watch a rerun from "the next pussycat doll". We loved that show! I am not entirely certain why the girl and I loved the show... it was just fun to watch, and they had these "people" that were judging the girls, and they sat with smug "look at me" attitudes while we just observed. I wonder to myself what their days consist of...

In other things of somewhat miniscule importance... I have finally dug up all the rocks in our front yard. That makes me happy... as I have never liked them EVER. We have lived here 14 years. I do not think that I do change very well.

The girl and the boy loved their first day at Sasamat Camp. It is enjoyable at the end of the day to hear the Fuss speak of her friends that she made a number of weeks ago.

It scares me to think that this week will shoot by, and then next week will be spent rushing around filling in last minute "fun things" for the summer, and that will be it... back to the grind of commitment, homework, and routine. Hopefully I will get used to it very quickly again.

I haven't even fulfilled obligations of meeting up with a number of my friends. I will have to fix this problem quickly.

I have kind of adapted to not having a kitchen now. If I can't put something together in a 23 x 23 inch space, then it just isn't happening! Of course I fail to mention that I do have my lovely, clean and sparkly nice laundryroom to manage in... but that isn't important right now. My cabinet space are the numbers listed above.

I am wondering how exactly I am going to clean after this reno has finished. My 16 year old couches have been busily attracting dust for the last 16 years, and now with the reno, I think the dust is doubling up. I have been told by the "king pin" himself that we are going to get a new carpet for the livingroom... (NO freaking kidding...!!!)... but then we will put our OLD couches back in... with a fresh paint job... some how I do not see this happening....I do see a new job in my future... in an effort to pay for all this grandness....

I continue to look for a new bag to keep my things in. I have one that does the job perfectly well, except for the safety pin that holds the side pocket together, which then holds the whole bag together so that things do not fall out. I love this bag, it is the perfect size. It's only fault is the fact that it is missing the zippery thingy.. and it isn't really worth the ten dollars that I paid for it to try and fix the problem. The sister and the mother laugh at my bag of tricks, and can not figure out why I continue to hang onto it... except for the fact that I believe that it just works for me.

I fear stepping out of my little space. The husbandman is busy screwing little yellow electrical outlets all over the place, and he will want to discuss his adventures on a grand scale with me. I fear the discussion... a lot.. kind of like paint drying sort of thing.

It's chilly out. It really is. There is a slight nip in the air that tells me that summer is no longer available until all hours of the night. I am saddened by this, and interestingly enough in April and May when the days are growing longer I am euphoric over the very same thing. This signals a time for the growing season to begin winding down, and of course it also apparent that I have ran out of flower food, which leaves the flowers with a "used" look to them.

I slipped out earlier tonight to drop off a video, and then went on to see the bears. I saw three of them, and I saw two of my friends from last year. I had thought that everyone (human and four legged) at dropped off the face of the earth.. as I have not had success in seeing anything or anybody! I was set straight by my one friend.. who informed me that they saw eleven bears last Friday night.. any guesses to where I am headed this Friday?

I absolutely can not forget to go and pick up another book that I have ordered from the library.. I have waited almost forever for it... and they only hold it for a week... I just love the title of it... "the friday night knitting club". Just the name of it makes me want to read it.

I hae a book waiting for me... I must go forge ahead....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You must tell me again...where is it exactly that you capture these wild creatures....I really must, must, must...take my zoom and take a photo...finally, this year!