Thursday, August 16, 2007

I need some gloves quick...

I have been doing the yard work for many days now without gloves. I like gloves, they are my friends, they keep my hands all clean and sparkly.. with only dirt rings around the wrists. I have to make it back to Home Depot for 3 more stepping stones, and then I can "plant" them in the ground, the same as the other stepping stones.

I hired out my children the other day to give me a hand moving the rocks across the driveway, and removing them from our walkway. We have lived in this house for 14 years, and have never liked a rock walkway with round paving stones in the center, it just doesn't excite me to have people potentially break an ankle before arriving at my doorstep, no, not at all.

In a few years the husbandman wishes to rebuild the front of our house so that it has a much more "grandious" entrance way, with an aggregate walkway to lead up to the front door. So, in the meantime I have planted the remaining rounds stones in the grass and have to add a couple more stones to make it to the front steps. Now that the hamsterson has the ability to cut the lawn, he will be in charge of caring for trimming along the stones in an effort to keep a clean appearance.

Meanwhile... the home reno is moving along at a gentle pace. The good husbandman works his 11 hours, and then comes home and puts in his remaining 8 hours of home detailing. He has even managed to paint the outside of the house, ( he had to remove the paneling on the outside of the house to replace when he replaced the sliding doors with french doors) while also removating his kitchen. I told him he could have a day off on Christmas Day... when he cooks the turkey dinner... until then... he must. keep. working.

Todays reminder... be thankful for all that you have.

Well... off to collect stepping stones....

No comments: