Sunday, August 06, 2006

A step back... at least I think it is.

I found the battery that I bought for my Canon SLR FILM camera (ages ago), and luckily, I even found the film... that I bought ages ago. I am not entirely convinced to go back to film, although I do know that the pictures that I will capture will be a far better picture. On that thought.... I have been perusing the places where you go to look at cameras.. and have been looking at Canon Digital bodies... just because.

I am quite nervous about using my OLD camera once again.. only because now all of the screw ups that I will manage, will be on film, for me to have as a constant reminder that I will constantly be in a learning mode in trying to figure out how it all works. It seems quite simple in theory, but then when the camera has a brain of it's own... it's hard to keep my brainwaves connecting with it's brainwaves... I think I need that camera man instructor to walk me through SEVERAL attempts at using my little black wonder.

Alright.. in even less important....

I am colouring my fabulously already full colour spectrum head of hair at this very moment. On top of that I am trying a new colouring agent... hopefully I will have success that it actually stays the colour that I am trying to colour it.

In other things colourful:

Yesterday, the husbandman and I went to match our WHITE cabinets that we had bought from Home Depot. Now that was a painstaking process. We had to eventually settle on a colour that still wasn't quite the right white, but it was close enough to the so called white that the cabinets were sporting... Ralph Lauren paint was the best match available... we bought a pint.

In colourful garden works:

I worked for many hours yesterday in the back spot of our lawn. I clipped the Hydrangeas.. (which of course I did not consult any books as to the correct time of year to clip.. but yesterday seemed good enough for me)... and I pulled out the nasty and annoying creeping weed that gets purple flowers on it, which makes my grass disintegrate before my eyes. In fact, the grass was just plain disintegrating, and whenever I cut the lawn I was shrouded with a cloud burst full of dry dirt. So I loaded it up with some topsoil, and threw down a whole whack of grass seed. Now I just need to remember to water.

While I was back in the corner that looks like I had done nothing to it... I pulled out the many miles of creeping vines that now inhabit the area. I can say... there is no glory in Morning Glory.. none what so ever. There is still one bag of mulch chips to throw down, I bought 4 yesterday, when the magic number should have been 5. I think I will go and purchase a great number more of top soil... although I could dig up my compost... but that is for the ultra filling of my barrels.. so that black gold will have to wait before I non-chalantly dispense it throughout my lawn.

Accomplishments this week:

Me: NONE (that I will admit to)
Husbandman: ONE SPECTACULAR LAUNDRY ROOM.

It's absolutely incredible the transformation this room has taken.... all thanks to the king contractor husbandman.

Back to the hair colouring:

Does anyone remember me telling them the time that I put it on my head....??

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad your laundry has been complete!

I wonder what happens if you actually forget about the time and a couple of hours goes by???