Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Give me that address again?

Last week at this time we were walking around the lovely and beautiful capital city of BC... Victoria. It was quite a pretty place to visit, and there was certainly many adventures to be had.

The very first adventure that we embarked upon, was really no adventure at all, rather it was a fairly grand ordeal, which nearly shut down all of our hopes for a grand adventure for the upcoming days.

It all started with the SMARTCARDS that I purchased from Airmiles. That wasn't the real problem, the real problem came into effect when I had to collect them from an address in Victoria, which we happened to find without incident, and in fact, got a spot right on the corner of Johnson and Government. That is where the adventure started. It was really like entering the amazing race, except we weren't in a race, and there wasn't a million dollars to be had. We hunted and hunted for this address, and when that couldn't be found, we made our way up to the hotel, and used their phone. I kept dialing numbers to no avail, as every new number I got was out of service. I then had my trusty mastercard, and was following the directions at making a long distance call, and even that didn't work. I yelled at the guy at the desk... HOW DO I GET THIS PHONE TO WORK.... AND PLEASE DON'T TELL ME TO DIAL NINE, I FIGURED THAT ONE OUT 10 PHONE CALLS AGO. I believe I was getting truely frustrated at this point. I would surely not make a good contestant for the Amazing Race... because it was then that I teared up in the lobby...I just want to make a FREAKING PHONE CALL.... to someone that might know where the magic door to the SMARTVISIT cards were. The guy at the desk finally flipped a magic switch to put the phone in real live long distance call mode. I think I ripped out twenty four eye brows that very second. Then, as luck would have it... I had to leave a message on the SMARTVISIT persons phoneline. It went something like this: I am stuck in Victoria, BC with my two children and mother, we are anticipating using the SMARTVISIT CARD if we could only find the secret door. We can not find it, anywhere, I have called people, there are no numbers to call, you are my last hope, and yes I am sounding psychotic because I am psychotic at this moment... all I want is to get these STUPID smartvisit cards so we can go and see Victoria. I think you better call me back... ASAP". Fortunately the girl in the office called me back almost instantly... and to our absolute disgust..., the place to pick up our SMARTVISIT CARDS... were actually 10 steps away from our vehicle that we had parked..... over two hours previously.... and the doorway that identified the SMARTCARD, was a browndoor, with a window. That was it.

It was quite a psychotic event for the first day of our mini travels... we eventually went on to use these plastic SMARTVISIT cards... of course WITH incidents.... eventually my other eyebrow matched the first hair pulling event, so they are even now. But, we made it home, safe and happy to have been tourists for a couple of days.

No comments: