Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Oh and I am so lucky...

The other night I declared to the family that I was not coming home until I saw a bear.

Yae for me I saw four.

Sad for me that I photod none.

Two of the four were having a furniture wrecking party in the forest. I spied on these two like an FBI agent sitting with a bag of bon bons watching "herself" on the big screen. It was classic comedy. Crashing and rolling, and tree scrambling and bushwhacking, and huffing and snapping and thumping and kajumping. All played out in the forest... where you really had to be a spy to catch this much black bear action.

I saw another two in the regular spot. One did a flying leap back into the the dark depths of green, and one just happily wandered singing a little "walking in the rain", except it wasn't raining, but rather cloudy. So he may have been singing a new age version, not sure.

It's a good thing that I did not make the same declaration last evening. I decided to call it quits around eight fourty. OH well... the season has been pretty dry so far, I can't have beastly adventures every night... but then.. I spied one... out he came from the great brambles and scooted across the road. He was a lovely size... quite possibly one from the furniture wrecking party crew the night before... he had that look about him.

So, instead I took a picture of some green blueberries. Just for fun. ... although I could have done that in my own backyard, except now they are ripening, and my clusters are not as big. So you know.. there is a real difference here people.

Well, must go beautify, this should take some time. The PIP on the other hand just woke up.. and she already is beautiful. Lucky Ducky I say.

The BOY is sleeping... he should be for a couple more hours... that's because I hear him prowling around in the night...oh a strange one he is.

AND .. I can't forget "The TILL". She has been brushed and ploofed and sprocketed and clicked. She's a stealth like oldish young looking german shepherdy like dog but really is very catlike. Now that her nails have been clicked she's all silent again. She's her own secret agent.. one minute she's nowhere in sight, and the next minute she is standing next to you... quietly sniffing about the scene.... just to take some notes, and stealth off again to explore more mysteries of the day. Maybe she really is the animal form of Columbo?

Alright... wish me luck in the beauty department...

No comments: