Sunday, July 05, 2009

Eeeekkk.

It's almost been a week since I stopped by for a visit.

I have been here... I just haven't typed my way into the history books this week.

I managed to find myself some sort of wicked chest cough. It's sucking the life out of me....as long as I remain vertical I am fine.. OH.. and as long as I don't start coughing I am doubly fine. But then .. having a chest cold makes one cough. Then I am not fine. It also helps that I have a good underwear collection!

So... moving on...more EAGLET madness. The third eaglet named "Tiny" was knocked form the nest yesterday. He wasn't ready to fly. Mind you.. he was days away from fledge, but wasn't quite ready... the two sisters had fledged, and had made it back to the nest... and one of the sisters knocked tiny when he was sitting on the branch. Lot's of chaos in the chatroom of Tiny's upheavel from the nest. Hopefully the eagle rescue people will be able to help him.

The boy has been a permanent resident in the den the past couple of days. It has been very hot.. and the boy doesn't do heat. I have been a queen mother, and have left him be... just him, and his PLAY.STATION... playing games. I haven't harped on him to "do things"... other than remind him that HE needs to call the X.BOX people about getting his X.BOX fixed. OH.. and his GF has gone away for a couple of days... which is another reason why he has been inside the homestead. I did find out that the GF will be vacationing for a couple of weeks out of the province..... this should keep the boy in the homestead in complete shock I am sure!

The GIRL is busily being beautiful. Her and her ten million piece wardrobe. The MISSY went shopping with her girlfriends and practically bought the entire mall.... I think with exception of one pair of flipflops. I am sure of it.

The husbands boyfriend dropped off some loads of dirt yesterday. I love dirt. I love raking dirt.. I love spreading dirt... I love dirt. I think I am going to water my dirt today, that will be a special experience. Seriously.

The husbands boyfriend also lent the husbandman a chainsaw. Now ... around these parts it is simply taboo to lend out tools... as only a manly man has his own tools, and borrowing is forbidden... completely. As this is what the husbandman and his LONG TERM boyfriend from two doors over have told me. ( In fact the LONG TERM boyfriend says he needs to get his visits with the husbandman when he can.... one day the LONG TERM boyfriends talked THREE times in one day). They are a funny bunch, these boyfriends. ANYWAYS... with the chainsaw in hand ( actually the husbandman was chopping up wood for the boyfriends fire pit, which the husbandman visits almost every Friday night...) he chopped and chopped.. and he even chopped some branches that needed trimming from a number of years ago.. when the husbandmans chainsaw DIED. NOW.. if I had asked for the husbandman to chop up the long sticks for our fire pit... it would have been a SURE FIRE ... NO!
BUT.. because the boyfriend asked.... DONE. I think I might love the husbandmans boyfriend more than the husbandman himself... because now the backyard looks a bit tidier... and I didn't even have to ask.. it just happened.

OH.. and I did find out that our neighbours down the street have been holding out on us. They have a cherry tree. One that people can pick from.. and EAT. I can't believe it. The neighbours right beside us have a cherry tree, but they are useless to the humans, and only make the visiting racoons very happy. I couldn't believe when the husbandmans boyfriend and the PIP made their way to the vacationing neighbours backyard, and helped themselves to cherries. They were the BOMB! Says me who just bought (so called) 10 dollars worth at Safeway.

I would love to post some pics of some bears.. OH but wait... I dont' have any.... because I haven't seen any. What the hell is with that? The husbandman, The Till and myself went for a quick ride last night... and not a animal of any form could be found. I know I have to start seeing them soon, as I picked some blueberries from my bushes yesterday... so they have to be arriving in droves... they just have toooo!!!

Watched the "dog whisperer" this morning for several episodes. He is brilliant. Completely.

In the meantime... loving these cherries!

No comments: