Wednesday, June 27, 2007

I am here for a short time....

I am having issues with my blogger buttons, they seem to have gone missing, therefore I can not rattle on endlessly! I googled blogger, and for some reason the dashboard thingy appeared, it is most odd.....

Anyways...

It's come down to the wire this past week... both of the chicklets are almost out of school. It is very nice that they are out of school. I am not certain who enjoys the break more.. me or them.

I went grocery shopping today.. and I did not have to think about lunch food, that was nice. There are the times when you enter the grocery store and try and figure out what to give the kids in their lunches for the week. Then of course there is the constant situation of what to make the whole group for dinner. This is where you just need to have a good imagination.

Just yesterday the silent husbandman entered the kitchen after returning from a good days work. He silently slid his paper on the counter, put away his glass tool items, changed his sunglasses, and then looked around the kitchen for some sort of food that might be coming his way. There was none. He looked in the fridge for the longest time, and then in the freezer, just willing and hoping that something would fall into his hands, and be cooked, plus taste good. After many moments praying to the chilly white beast he closed the doors, and sighed. He wondered into the den and sat down then turned on his video game. He half heartedly called from the den... and asked if I had any plans for dinner, to which I told him "NO!" There was more silence, but this doesn't really mean anything by the silent husbandman.

About twenty five minutes later I handed him a plate of pan fried salmon with a strawberry spinach salad on the side. Yes people, that is what fell out of my fridge in that exact amount of time, almost the same amount of time he stood looking for something to come his way.

Now I know how this man can cook a turkey dinner for the whole family... I deliver the ingredients, and then press the button that says "cook".

No comments: