Wednesday, May 21, 2008

we were standing on the dock




Point Roberts had an eerie calm that had overshadowed the beach. It was all too surreal. The heaviness of the clouds sat low in the sky, and yet there was no rain. There were lots of gulls out on the water, and there was silence. There looked to be a pod of false killer whalers meandering about in the rip tide, and a small number of seals bobbed in the water and played hide and seek in the waves. There were perch jumping all about the dock, and even though I did not catch a picture of them, I did spy the schools of fish that surrounded the dock. One picture looks like they are a salmon of some kind, and the second picture looks more eely like. I am not sure what they are. The third picture gives you an idea how they were traveling. The girl and I had fun traveling around "the point" for the afternoon. I had welcomed the boy on our adventures, but he declined, so did the grown boy as well.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: