Sunday, January 31, 2021

When nothing else. Be grateful.

 The year has started off in a bit of a roar fest. Ok, maybe a snooze fest, but ya know. Things are ticking.

Both the kids are in school. Third semester for Graham, (Web Development & Design .. or something to that effect) and a single semester for Julianne. She is taking teaching english as a second language.

He is back to his Keto ways this month. A week and a bit into the new year he texted me and said if he has one more pizza delivered, or McDonalds arrive via the front door, that he will owe me his tuition and his computer back to me, and going forward, he would pay the rest of his tuition as well. Last semester was really rough, in many ways. So far this term he is somehow turned funnier again. And this kid is funny.

So the girl of mine has stepped up her game in dealing with people. She doesn’t like one her instructors, and is wondering how one of them has the credentials to teach. Yesterday she was scathing over a mark she had gotten, fired off a fiery email justifying her actions, then supplied her evidence, so the teacher gave her full marks. OK ... when you have wildly curly blond hair growing in ... your world is your oyster it seems.

Our vaccine schedule has rolled out, and now has been revised already. (Not enough supply). Sigh. Rich got lucky at the beginning of the month and got his ... of course me not working on that Friday kept me from getting mine. Janet is crazed over her managers inability to provide a timeline for their vaccines to happen. I do find it odd that she is a front line worker, but has not been put in an expedited line to receive it.

I wonder if we would have gone to the gluten fair had there been one this year? The bag that the girl got last year is still sitting on her bedroom floor. Chances are we probably did not need to go, however; it was a nice chance to go downtown.

So Anne’s house has officially been sold: $1,350,000.00 changed hands on the 28th. Now it is a case of getting the sister to acknowledge a letter from the other two siblings. If she does not acknowledge, or is not interested in her inheritance, then her portion will be divided between the 4 grandkids. Since she does have a child of her own, which she would not let her mother meet, she will just keep the money for herself. It has been over 33 years since she has spoke to the family, for reasons nobody knows, and at this point cares to understand. But yes, she still gets an inheritance. Even after breaking her mothers heart by not speaking with her.

I was on vacation this last week. It was absolutely not exciting. That said, operation minimalist is still underway. I knitted a dishcloth with my little stash of cotton. I also embarked on watching youtube tutorials on drawing & cartooning. I need to focus on being creative it seems. So for now, I have set up a workstation in the kitchen. I am going to keep an eye on the prize, and that is to have a work shop set up outside in the new shed, as the sir slowly dismantles his jeep parts. All this real estate and nothing for me to use. 

Rod scratched his eye with all his grinding .. and has been needing to go to eye appointments. Donna, on the same day developed symptoms, and was told she had a partially detached retina.  Very fortunate so far, the retinal doctor has said come back in 5 weeks. That is good news.

I had come up with an idea about my love affair for boxes. So EVERYTHING I love and do not know what to do with .. I thought I would just add to a box. IF at the end of the year, all my things that I can not detach myself from are still in this box, and I have already managed to live the entire year without them .. if they are now contained in the box ... OUT THEY GO. WITH the BOX. It sounds good in theory.

I hope to be back here next month. We will see how February unfolds.

Off to make coffee!










No comments: