Thursday, July 16, 2009

Todays job list:

  1. Get the {ever-so-beatiful} PIP off to day camp.
  2. Go for a walk.
  3. Try not to answer the question... has anyone seen a bear along the trail yet....?
  4. Answer the question... well, now that you have asked... oh look... there's a bear....
  5. But some ant killer... because I like being an ant killer, that's why.
  6. Buy some flowers... because what isn't a successful trip to the plant store, without buying some more flowers?
  7. Take a moment and go pee... because I do not want what happened to me yesterday...to happen to me today... there's just not good things happening when you have a vicious cough, and a bladder that is in need of repair. Just not good I say people... AND too boot the bus was late, I had a dog in the car that was being cooled by air conditioning.. and there was no getting out to inquire as to WHERE the bus was.
  8. Go do something outside.
  9. Then go do something inside.
  10. And then outside.
  11. And then inside.
  12. And then outside.
  13. And then inside.
  14. And then outside.
  15. And then inside.
  16. And then outside.
  17. And then inside.
  18. And then outside.
  19. And then inside.
  20. And then outside.
  21. Oh.. the kitchen is still a bit messy.
  22. Go outside.
  23. Go inside.
  24. Pause... the boy is playing the piano.
  25. Still pausing.. the boy is still playing.
  26. One longish pause... the boy is clearly up to something with all this playing.. but I do not mind.. I think I could hear Bohemian Rhapsody ten thousand times over, and I still do not think that I would get tired of it.
  27. The boy has left the homestead... "shocking!"... now I am left...by myself...stare at my book, stare at the newest puzzle... look outside and have another AHA moment...
  28. And the routine continues.... in and out... just doing things.
  29. Wait.. I stop to pat the dog, and put the fan on her full blast. She likes that sort of thing....
  30. Contemplate other ways of spending beautiful summer days....

No comments: