Monday, August 08, 2005

A strange thing happened:

Lady Fussina-mussina Pipenza Evelina!


Say that fast and with a make believe Italian accent.. it catches the girls attention. Little lady Pip believes that this is part of her name, and I haven't told her differently. I save this name calling for all things good, and sometimes all things bad. I can't make up my mind on the division of the name calling to enforce the laws of life, or to re-inforce the miracles of menial daily life. I mean is it really set in stone what you should and should not be called in life? The same thing day in and day out.. it kind of gets boring really. Renaming the children, husband and animals keeps everybody at full attention in the home, it just works.

There was a slightly large incident, (but small in the scale of the worlds events) that happened with the lady Pip this morning that was cause for great make believe Italian accents to emerge. It all started with her favourite morning call out from deep behind her bedroom walls: MA MA! (momentarily silence)....MA MA!!! she yelled again. I cautiously opened her door.. I am never sure what potentially could be going on in her kingdom of Pipness. There she sat, hair all strewn about, and squeagy little morning eyes... "Ma Ma.. I will tell you something that happened... I didn't sleep with my blanket all night!.. she says in a deranged wide eyed blanket deprived way. She smiled, and was in disbelief herself.... and then the next thing happened...... (small on the scale of big things in life, but big on the scale of the Pip's life).

She actually got out of her bed, and walked to the cupboard and made herself breakfast... yes, it was a bowl of cereal... but the Lady Fussina-mussina Pipenza Evelina managed to do this all on her own.. without the usual frustrations that go along with the high tech abilities of cereal pouring.

I am in a fog at the moment. This wont last... she hasn't woke up all of a sudden today being completely independent.. I will wait.. she still has her shoes to put on later.

No comments: